Sunday, April 26, 2015

Crab Bruschetta

When I think of my favorite spots to eat, I don't think of just the restaurant. I think of the restaurant in terms of my favorite thing to eat there. 

For instance, when I think of City Tacos in North Park, I think of its callo de rajas (scallop) tacos. When I think of Pho Cow Cali in Mira Mesa, I think of its bun bo hue. When I think of Phuong Trang in Kearny Mesa, I think of its egg rolls

When it comes to Edgewater Grill in Seaport Village, I will always think of its crab bruschetta. 



My friend Lindsay and I split the appetizer, and I'm so glad we did. One bite and I knew this was the good stuff. 

Usually I hesitate to get dishes like this because a lot of the times the seafood isn't fresh. It's either canned or frozen. Things like crab, lobster and crawfish need to be eaten fresh. Not to sound like a total food prude here, but they're really not worth eating if they weren't swimming earlier that day. They lose flavor, texture gets mushy or chewy and there's usually a lot of mayo involved. 

That's not the case with this crab bruschetta. 


The star of this dish was definitely the crab. The meat wasn't mixed with much because it didn't have to be. All the ingredients highlighted the meat - onions, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, etc. Really good stuff. As our former Governator would say, "I'll be back."

No comments:

Post a Comment